Saturday, August 13, 2011

Auntie Em!


Submitting, revising, promoting, Oh My!

The release of Piper’s Passion Cookies is nearing and my excitement is building. It’s hard to believe things are moving so quickly. The three rounds of edits are complete, and not only is my story stronger, but I’ve made a friend in the process. My editor, Valerie Mann, is incredible. She is knowledgeable, encouraging, and downright awesome!

[Dorothy] I'm going to miss the way you used to holler for help before you found your courage.
[Cowardly Lion] I never would've found it if it hadn't been for you... 

I’ve been following the yellow brick road and now I’m finally nearing the wonderful Land of Oz. I feel so blessed to have so many people along the sidelines cheering me on. You all know who you are! My sister has been one of my greatest supporters. We’ve shared a love of the writing world since we were tots, and here we are walking this publication road together. It doesn’t get much better than that.

I’m afraid there’s no denyin’, I’m just a dandy-lion, a fate I don’t deserve. I’m sure I could show my prowess, be a lion, not a mou-ess, if I only had the nerve.

Writing has always been part of my life, but to be honest, the thought of sharing my creations with the world sometimes fills me with anxiety. This journey to my first publication has been a wild one. My brain over-thunk, my heart skipped beats, and my nerves were rattled on a few bumpy passages, but it didn’t stop me. The nerve was always there, I just had to dig deep to find it.

[Dorothy] Weren’t you frightened?
[Wizard] Frightened? Child, you’re talking to a man who’s laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe…I was petrified.

The process of having my first story published has been very stimulating. (A wiz!) I never imagined it would be this much fun. The journey is exciting and the path ahead is endless. Having a dream is just the beginning. It is following that dream that leads to a happy ending.

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue.
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true…

Over the rainbow...that’s where you’ll find me.


9 comments:

Seriously Reviewed said...

Great post :) Congrats on your first story and here's to many more to come :)

Jeannie said...

You are the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow, C.E.!
I can't wait for Piper's Passion Cookies to be out. I will be the first one to buy it. Your writer's voice always shines in anything you write and I am proud to have your book in my library. :)
When will we see the cover art??

Cheryl Hart said...

Thank you so much, RR!

Cheryl Hart said...

You're awesome, JM!

I'll be receiving the final cover art soon. :) I'm so pleased with how it turned out. :)

Leslie S. Rose said...

What an exciting journey. I can hear your ruby slippers clicking. Congratulations on the story. Thank you for stoppin' by my blog.

Julie Musil said...

Oh my goodness, how exciting! Enjoy every minute of it :D

Cheryl Hart said...

Thank you so much, Leslie and Julie! *Smiles*

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting published! :) (And thanks for stopping by my blog!)

Rachel Brooks said...

Congrats! It's so awesome that you've found a friend in your editor!

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...